· Select the device in iTunes by clicking the little device icon in the iTunes. Select the IPSW firmware file by performing the following in iTunes: Mac: OPTION + Click on the “Update” button in iTunes. Windows: SHIFT + Click on the ‘Update’ button in iTunes. Locate and select the IPSW file you downloaded earlier.
Download Link https://ipsw.me Follow me on: Twitter : https://twitter.com/idev_isangai Pinterest : https://pinterest.com/idev_isangai Facebook : https://face...
· Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel.
· Once you've got the file, place it in "\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates\". Then, with the iPod connected, tell iTunes to check for iPod updates -- with any luck, iTunes will see that the big file is there and just download the small (8K or so) signature file, and do the update.
Press & hold SHIFT and click Update in iTunes. Once your device appears on the iTunes screen, press & hold the SHIFT key and click the “Check for Update” button in iTunes to select the IPSW firmware file. └ If you’re on Mac, press and hold the Options key and click on the Update button in iTunes. Select the IPSW Firmware File
· Restoring iPod Before Updating Software . In some (not very common) cases, you may need to restore your iPod to factory settings before you can update its software. Restoring your iPod erases all of its data and settings and returns it to the state it was in when you first got it. After it's been restored, then you can update the operating system.
IPSW is a standalone file format which is used to install the iOS firmware directly to iDevices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. An IPSW file can easily be downloaded on your computer and later can be used to install the corresponding firmware (iOS 14/13.7 included) on your iPhone. Let's now discover the recommended tool to effectively install an IPSW file on iPhone without iTunes
Also to update software click on the check for software update button on the iTunes 11.1.3 and it should be there on the about my iPod or something like that. Also it will name your iPod to your name like for example Jon Doe. And you NEVER EVER EVER want to sync it with anything other then iTunes. iTunes Helper 2013
· Download & install iOS IPSW File Manually for iPhone, iPad. There are a few routes you can take when it comes to installation of iOS.The manually one is to download & install iOS IPSW file on iPhone/iPad with iTunes,it’s easy to complete the restoring task via iTunes on device.However,it gain the big chance to lost data from device after using IPSW file to restore the jailbroken iPhone/iPad ...
· I then install the firmware after it successfully downloads by pressing the Update button again. I do it this way because I don't trust the way Apple handles the download-to-intall transition. +(I do something similar for iTunes updates too -- download the install file direct from Apple, then install manually)+
A grouch is a person who somehow can manage to find something wrong with even the good old days.